There are many ways for you to serve the city! God has called us to:
- proclaim Jesus as Lord and Savior,
- care for the vulnerable, and
- build up the church.
You can do these every day, and participate in events at National from monthly sandwich making for the homeless, to supporting missions as you celebrate Christmas. In addition, download a copy of our Mission Prayer Calendar to pray each day for our mission partners in DC and around the world.
Proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
Caring for the Hungry and Needy
- Make sandwiches for the homeless on the second Sunday of every month after worship.
- Operate a healthy food market for low-income people every fourth Thursday morning in Columbia Heights.
- Mentor a formerly homeless youth with Friendship Place’s Before 30 program.
- Donate food for mission partners. Collection baskets are located near the information table outside the main sanctuary, and near the bookstore outside Stone Hall.
- Bring dinner to kids in the Unique Learning Center’s after-school program.
Building Up the Church
- Pray for the people of God in DC.
- Be a faithful presence with and pray for God’s wisdom for our mission partners.
Our Mission Partners
Capital Campaign Mission Partners
Connect with local missions
We would love to help you get connected with opportunities to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord, serve the vulnerable, and build up the church in DC!
John Marienau Turpin
Serve Ministries Director